November 1996 General Election
Political Party Statements of Purpose
President Clinton and the Democratic Party are working to revitalize the economy and support
American families--by reducing crime, improving public education, protecting our nation's senior
citizens, and protecting a woman's right to choose.
Revitalized the economy by
- Cutting the deficit in half.
- Lowering unemployment to the lowest rate in years.
- Creating over ten million new jobs, with over 90
of job growth in the private sector, and ensuring equal opportunity in employment.
- Providing new tax cuts for 90%
of small businesses.
- Supporting an increase in the minimum wage.
Reduced crime by
- Putting 100,000 more cops on the street.
- Banning assault weapons.
- Signing the Brady Bill to require a 5-day waiting period to buy a handgun.
- Fighting domestic violence with the Violence Against Women Act.
Improved education by
which sets education standards and provides increased education
funding for public schools.
Increasing Head Start funding, allowing 130,000 more preschoolers to participate.
Supporting school uniform policies to reduce gang activity.
Creating the Direct Student Loan Program, lowering the cost of college loans.
Protected Senior Citizens by
- Safeguarding Medicare/Medicaid and Social Security from extreme cuts.
- Maintaining tough federal standards on nursing homes.
Revitalizing the economy, supporting families. Vote Democratic in 1996.
The California Democratic Party
911 20th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Web Site: http://www.ca-democratic-party.org
American Independent |
Natural Law |
Peace and Freedom |